There are licensing requirements for Windows To Go; it is not just as simple as getting a copy of Windows 8 Enterprise and Bob’s your uncle. Here are the licensing requirements:
The mentioned CSL is a new companion subscription license. A companion device is a device such as a Windows 8 tablet that is the user’s secondary device, and where the PC is the primary device.
This blog post is the property of Aidan Finn (@joe_elway / http://www.aidanfinn.com) and may not be reused in any manner without prior consent of Aidan Finn. You may quote one paragraph from this blog post if you link to the original blog post.
- Windows 8 VDA Licensing For VDI
- Windows 8 for Business Licensing Guides, Including Windows To Go, App Sideloading, BYOD, and VDI
- Reminder of Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 Licensing For VL Purchases
- Windows Server 2012 Virtualisation Licensing Scenarios
- Licensing The Sideloading Apps on Windows 8 PCs