If you have Software Assurance on your WS2012 volume licenses then you can start downloading from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC). Those customers can start planning their Hyper-V (see the new features) host upgrades … but hold off if you are using System Center because you will need SP1 for System Center 2012 to continue to manage the upgraded hosts and migrated clusters.
It is not on MSDN/TechNet and is not expected there until after the launch on September 4th. @TechNetUK saw me tweeting on the subject and thankfully cleared up the issue:
I know, it’s very disappointing but that’s how the cookie is crumbling on this one. I’d love to have had it sooner so I could get current screenshots for the new WS2012 Hyper-V book.
Windows 8 is also available to VL w/ SA customers on the VLSC site.
SPLA folks, check your pricelists to ensure you are legit to move up first.
The Microsoft Partner Network download content has not been updated.
This blog post is the property of Aidan Finn (@joe_elway / http://www.aidanfinn.com) and may not be reused in any manner without prior consent of Aidan Finn. You may quote one paragraph from this blog post if you link to the original blog post.
- Volume Licensing for Windows Server 2012 And Windows 8 Are Now Available
- Interesting Bits of Windows Server 2012 Essentials Information For SBS Customers
- System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 Is On The Volume Licensing Service Center – And Ready For Production
- Windows 8 and Server 2012 RTM/GA Dates Announced
- Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Configuration Manager, Endpoint Protection, and Windows Intune