Microsoft has updated the guidance on disk duplication and image deployment for all supported versions of Windows including Win8 and WS2012.
There is an interesting note on cloning Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. The following problems might happen:
- Tile, badge, and toast notifications do not update even though Internet connectivity is available.
- Apps that rely on RAW notification do not work as expected. For example, you notice significantly reduced functionality in Mail, Calendar, and Messaging.
- It takes a long time to synchronize changes for roaming and family safety settings.
Either of these fixes will solve the problem:
- Configure the computers by using the Sysprep /generalize command, and then deploy the image.
- Replace the existing user account with a new account. The device identifier is stored as part of the user profile. Each new NTUser account that is added to a computer will receive a new identifier.
This blog post is the property of Aidan Finn (@joe_elway / http://www.aidanfinn.com) and may not be reused in any manner without prior consent of Aidan Finn. You may quote one paragraph from this blog post if you link to the original blog post.
- Use MDT 2012 Update 1 To Deploy Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 Images
- Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Configuration Manager, Endpoint Protection, and Windows Intune
- KB2796995 – Offloaded Data (ODX) Transfers Fail On A Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 Computer
- KB2795531 – You Cannot Log In To A VM Running Windows 8 Or Windows Server 2012 In A VDI Environment
- Reminder of Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 Licensing For VL Purchases