VMST 2012 has been released by Microsoft:
Virtual Machine Servicing Tool (VMST) 2012 is designed to work with System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM), System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 SP2.
VMST 2012 helps you reduce IT costs by making it easier to update your offline virtual machines, templates, and virtual hard disks with the latest operating system and application patches—without introducing vulnerabilities into your IT infrastructure.
This Solution Accelerator includes the following components:
- Brief Overview. Available online only on Microsoft TechNet. Summary for business and technical managers that briefly explains how this Solution Accelerator can fit into an organization’s IT infrastructure management strategy.
- VMServicing_x64 and VMServicing_x86. Setup files for the tool, for 64 bit and 32 bit versions of Windows with System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager.
- Virtual Machine Servicing Tool Getting Started Guide. Provides information about how the tool works, explains prerequisites for the tool, and describes how to install and configure the tool.
- VM_Servicing_Tool_2012_Release_Notes Notes provide information about this release, describe known issues in the tool, and include feedback instructions.
This blog post is the property of Aidan Finn (@joe_elway / http://www.aidanfinn.com) and may not be reused in any manner without prior consent of Aidan Finn. You may quote one paragraph from this blog post if you link to the original blog post.
- Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 2012 Beta
- Mapping The Virtual Networking In System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager
- MVP Book: Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 Cookbook
- Knowledge Base Articles for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager Service Pack 1
- Event: System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1 Training