I just received an email informing me that MAP 7.0 is live, and it now supports assessment to help you plan the deployment of Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V. You can start planning now, with the products coming down the pipe soon.
The new version which you can download now allows you to:
- Understand your readiness to deploy Windows Server 2012 in your environment
- Determine Windows 8 readiness
- Investigate how Windows Server and System Center can manage your heterogeneous environment through VMware migration and Linux server virtualization assessments
- Size your desktop virtualization needs for both Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and session-based virtualization using Remote Desktop Services
- Ready your information platform for the cloud with the SQL Server 2012 discovery and migration assessment
- Evaluate your licensing needs with usage tracking for Lync 2010, active users and devices, SQL Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012
You should know that I believe that assessment is a critical early step in a virtualisation project, be it XenServer, VMware, or Hyper-V. Without it, you’re shooting blind, and you’ll end up being an anecdote in a presentation on how to do a crap project.
This blog post is the property of Aidan Finn (@joe_elway / http://www.aidanfinn.com) and may not be reused in any manner without prior consent of Aidan Finn. You may quote one paragraph from this blog post if you link to the original blog post.