Microsoft has launched the beta for VMST 2012. This tool is used in conjunction with System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) to update offline virtual machine resources from ConfigMgr/WSUS.
VMST 2012 helps you more effectively—and safely—manage the workflow of updating you offline virtualization environment. Using VMST 2012, you can now service:
- Offline virtual machines in a SCVMM library.
- Stopped and saved state virtual machines on a host.
- Virtual machine templates.
- Offline virtual hard disks in a SCVMM library by injecting update packages.
This blog post is the property of Aidan Finn (@joe_elway / http://www.aidanfinn.com) and may not be reused in any manner without prior consent of Aidan Finn. You may quote one paragraph from this blog post if you link to the original blog post.
- Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 2012 Is Released
- Mapping The Virtual Networking In System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager
- Knowledge Base Articles for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager Service Pack 1
- MVP Book: Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 Cookbook
- Event: System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1 Training