I just posted the new maximum specs for Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate VMs. Now for the host:
- 320 physical Logical Processors
- 4 TB RAM
That’s 320 cores with no Hyperthreading or 160 Cores with hyperthreading turned on. That’s 10 * 16 core processors with hyperthreading. Feck!
And that’s 128 * 32 GB DIMMs!!! Damn, I bet there’s a lot of skidmarks in VMware marketing right now.
Wish I was there.
- And Max Running vCPUs Per Host Is Going Up Too
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V VM Max Specs Upgraded … Again
This blog post is the property of Aidan Finn (@joe_elway / http://www.aidanfinn.com) and may not be reused in any manner without prior consent of Aidan Finn. You may quote one paragraph from this blog post if you link to the original blog post.
- How To Scale Beyond A Hyper-V Cluster-In-A-Box
- Using VMM 2012 SP1 Baselines & Compliance To Orchestrate Patching Of Hyper-V Hosts
- Hyper-V and System Center Training for VMware Professionals
- Enabling SMB Multichannel On Scale-Out File Server Cluster Nodes
- Don’t Install WMF 3.0 On VMM Managed W2008 R2 Hyper-V Hosts