The survey is now closed and the results can be found here.
As a blogger/author/speaker, it’s very easy to fall into the trap of assuming that everyone works in a similar way and environment as I do. My experiences are based on:
- When I was managing Hyper-V/System Center directly in a hosting environment
- Talking to people online
- Helping people as a consultant, or in my current role as a partner technical advisor
Most of my experiences are in Ireland, and it’s rare to see a virtualisation cluster of more than a few nodes in these parts.
The goals are:
- We learn a bit more about what everyone is up to
- We can share the findings with everyone so you can learn what everyone else is up to
This survey will run from this morning until 5th of September. We want to publish the results later that week, which just so happens to be the week before the Build Windows conference. We’ll be publishing the percentages breakdowns, and also trying to figure out trends.
In the survey, we ask about:
- Your Hyper-V project/environment
- Your Hyper-V installation
- Systems management
- What you considering to do in 2012
There is no personal information, no company specific information. Microsoft has zero involvement. They’ll see/read the results the same way you do, on the blogs of myself, Damian, and Hans (Hyper-V.nu).
The whole thing will take just 5 minutes; the more people that contribute, the more we will all learn about what people are up to, and the more we’ll be able to tweak blog posts, speaking, training, writing, etc, to what is really being done. If this goes well, we’ll do another one in 2012, 2013, and so on.
So come on …. give the greater community 5 minutes of your time.
Please spread the word of this survey: blog, (re)tweet, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, even MySpace/Bebo it!