3 big announcements from Azure last night plus a useful Hyper-V reporting script feature today.
- Hyper-V Reporting Script: A post by Ben Armstrong promoting a very useful script by Hyper-V MVP Serhat AKINCI
- Hyper-V NVGRE Gateway Toolkit: An alternative way to deploy Hyper-V NVGRE gateways
- Have a say on the future of System Center: A survey on System Center.
- Azure Pack Tenant portal extensibilities – Part 1: This series of posts is going to talk about a certain set of extensibilities that Microsoft enabled for Azure pack to support different reseller-type functionalities.
- Azure Storage to start disabling SSL 3.0 on February 20th, 2015: Protecting against the SSL 3.0 vulnerability. You need TLS 1.0 or higher to continue.
- Azure is now bigger, faster, more open, and more secure: Azure Key Vault helps customers safeguard and control keys and secrets using HSMs in the cloud, with ease and at cloud-scale. Furthermore, customers can deploy an encrypted Virtual Machine with CloudLink SecureVM with the master keys in Key Vault. The "Goliath" G-series VMs have gone GA. And an image of a Docker-enabled Ubuntu VM is in the Marketplace.
- Largest VM in the Cloud: G-series sizes provide the most memory, the highest processing power and the largest amount of local SSD of any Virtual Machine size currently available in the public cloud.
- Introducing Docker in Microsoft Azure Marketplace: Microsoft announced the first Ubuntu image fully integrated with the Docker engine available for fast deployment from the Microsoft Azure marketplace.
- Evolving Microsoft’s Advance Notification Service in 2015: We’re getting less information. Is this a good or a bad thing? I don’t know yet.
Technorati Tags: Hyper-V,Windows Server 2012 R2,Virtualisation,Networking,System Center,VMM,Cloud,Hybrid Cloud,Private Cloud,Azure,Storage,Security
Please follow and like us: