Microsoft has released a new hotfix to deal with an issue where you have poor performance when you enable RemoteFX in Hyper-V on a Windows Server 2012-based computer that uses AMD processors.
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Windows Server 2012-based computer that uses AMD processors.
- You install a Hyper-V role on the computer.
- You install the Remote Desktop Virtualization Host (RD Virtualization Host) role service on the computer.
- You create one or more virtual machines on the computer.
- You use the Microsoft RemoteFX feature to improve user experience in virtual machines.
In this scenario, graphics performance in the virtual machines is poor.
This issue occurs because Hypervisor incorrectly configures the Page Address Table (PAT) cache type for root partitions on AMD systems.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft.