This isn’t exactly a Hyper-V issue (it’s RDS) but Hyper-V is running on the affected WS2012 hosts.
Consider the following scenario:
- You deploy a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment in a network.
- You enable the Remote Desktop Virtualization Host (RD Virtualization Host) role service on the Windows Server 2012-based computers.
- You try to log on to a virtual machine that is running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 in the VDI environment.
In this scenario, you cannot log on to the virtual machine. The logon screen appears but the logon process cannot be completed.
- The previous corresponding remote session to the RD Virtualization Host does not log off.
- You may receive the following error message when you try to manually logoff the session in the Server Manager console:
RD Connection Broker failed to process the connection request for user <domain><userid>.
Failed while checking for disconnected session.
Error: User is trying to connect to the same Pool more than once simultaneously.
This issue occurs because the host computer does not receive a notification that the previous session has ended during the logoff operation. Therefore, the previous session does not log off successfully.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft.