I was checking my feeds and saw a story on Sandy Berkouwer’s blog called “Embracing the new Windows 8 Interface with these Three Free IT Pro Apps”. The second app was a Hyper-V Manager, available in the Windows Store, and designed to run in the new Windows UI, on Windows 8 and Windows RT (including Surface et al).
- Start, pause, and save virtual machines
- View screenshots of virtual machines
- View server status and amount of memory free
- Support for multiple servers
- Support for Active Directory domains
There is no connect window for KVM access to the VM. It is a very basic management/monitoring app. The app requires that you install a service on the Hyper-V Manager.