According to the Microsoft SUS blog, this update will fix:
This update lets servers that are running Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 SP2 provide updates to computers that are running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
This update fixes the following issues:
- Installation of update 2720211 may fail if Service Pack 2 was previously uninstalled and then reinstalled.
- After you install update 2720221, health monitoring may fail if the WSUS server is configured to use SSL.
Additionally, this update includes the following fixes:
- 2530678 System Center Update Publisher does not publish customized updates to a computer if WSUS 3.0 SP2 and the .NET Framework 4 are installed
- 2530709 "Metadata only" updates cannot be expired or revised in WSUS 3.0 SP2
- 2720211 An update for Windows Server Update Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 is available
This blog post is the property of Aidan Finn (@joe_elway / http://www.aidanfinn.com) and may not be reused in any manner without prior consent of Aidan Finn. You may quote one paragraph from this blog post if you link to the original blog post.