“Hyper-V Backup in 5 clicks – Hyper Easy, Hyper Speed, Hyper Effective” … that’s the tag line for a new Hyper-V backup solution from Altaro, called Hyper-V Backup, that launched today. Features include:
- Hot backups with VSS integration
- Restore to a different host
- File level restore
- Different backup schedules for different VMs
- Supports Hyper-V Server
- Restore a VM to the same host but with a different name (cloning)
- Reverse Delta Incremental Backup
- Hyper-V cluster aware
- Restore from older backups if you want
- Plan for disasters
- Backup Hyper-V snapshots
At this point, I would also like to welcome Altaro to my blog as a sponsor:
Want a free copy of Unlimited Edition of Altaro Hyper-V Backup? Then here is what you need to do.
- Step 1: Follow me on Twitter
- Step 2: Add the word Altaro to your Twitter profile
I will be choosing 1 winner for this software on Monday morning at 9am (Irish time).
I’ve not had a chance to play with Hyper-V Backup yet but I’m looking forward to getting a chance to give it a try. In the meantime, you can read more about it over with my friends on Hyper-V.nu.
This blog post is the property of Aidan Finn (@joe_elway / http://www.aidanfinn.com) and may not be reused in any manner without prior consent of Aidan Finn. You may quote one paragraph from this blog post if you link to the original blog post.