Microsoft released lots of updates for Operations Manager over the last couple of weeks. There are lots of updates to management packs, too many for me to go posting them at this time of night. Have a look on the catalogue and you’ll see them. Or check your console if you’re using OpsMgr 2007 R2.
Most importantly is KB971541, Update Rollup for Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1.
“The Update Rollup for Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) combines previous hotfix releases for SP1 with additional fixes and support of SP1 roles on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. This update also provides database role and SQL Server Reporting Services upgrade support from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
The Update Rollup includes updates for the following Operations Manager Roles:
- Root Management Server, Management Server, Gateway Server
- Operations Console
- Operations Management Web Console Server
- Audit Collection Server (ACS Server)
- Reporting Server
The following tools and updates are provided within this update which may be specific to a scenario:
- Support Tools folder – Contains SRSUpgradeTool.exe and SRSUpgradeHelper.msi (Enables upgrade of a SQL Server 2005 Reporting Server used by Operations Manager Reporting to SQL Server 2008 Reporting Server)
- Gateway folder – Contains a MSI transform and script to update MOMGateway.MSI for successful installation on Windows Server 2008 R2
- ManagementPacks folder – Contains an updated Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.mp which requires manual import
For a list of fixes and tools addressed by this update rollup, see KB971541.
This update is supported for application on System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 only.
The System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 Rollup 1 contains:
- All binary hotfixes released since Service Pack 1 release
- Support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Operational and DataWarehouse database support on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Additional stability hotfixes”
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1
This update must be applied to each computer that meets the following criteria:
- Hosts a Microsoft Operations Manager Root Management Server
- Hosts a Microsoft Operations Manager Management Server
- Hosts a Microsoft Operations Manager Operations Console
- Hosts a Microsoft Operations Manager Web Console Server
- Hosts a Microsoft Operations Manager Reporting Server
- Hosts a Microsoft Operations Manager Manually installed Agent
- Hosts a Microsoft Operations Manager ACS Server
Before applying this update it is strongly recommended that Operations Manager databases, Management Server, Report Server and Web Console roles be backed up.
To extract the files contained in this update and installation of the update on the Operations Manager roles above:
- Copy the file – SystemCenterOperationsManager2007-SP1-KB971541-X86-X64-IA64-locale.MSI – To either a local folder or accessible network shared folder.
- Run the file – SystemCenterOperationsManager2007-SP1-KB971541-X86-X64-IA64-locale.MSI – locally on each applicable computer that meets the predefined criteria.
You can run SystemCenterOperationsManager2007-SP1-KB971541-X86-X64-IA64-locale.MSI from either Windows Explorer or from a command prompt.
- Select the appropriate role to update from the Operations Manager 2007 Software Update dialog.
NOTE: To run this file on Windows Server 2008 you must run this file from a command prompt which was executed with the Run as Administrator option. Failure to execute this Windows installer file under an elevated command prompt will not allow display of the System Center Operations Manager 2007 Software Update dialog to allow installation of the hotfix”.
This blog post is the property of Aidan Finn (@joe_elway / http://www.aidanfinn.com) and may not be reused in any manner without prior consent of Aidan Finn. You may quote one paragraph from this blog post if you link to the original blog post.
No related posts.